Math Success Center
MATH 091, 092 and 094 courses at Heartland use MyLabsPlus, an online program that allows students to work at a personalized pace.
Highlights and Benefits
- You will start at a level that you are comfortable with and move through the course materials, mastering each concept before moving on. Some students are able to complete more than one course in a semester, saving time and money.
- Students have varying learning styles, skills and interests. We have multiple supports in place to ensure student success.
- Classes on the Main Campus meet in the Math Success Center (WDC 2601, 2602, 2603, 2605). Here you will meet with instructors and facilitators who will help you meet your goals.
- The computer program you will use provides immediate feedback and numerous resources to assist you.
- You can work on math anywhere you have a computer and an internet connection.
- Instructors provide individual instruction and build problem-solving skills at a pace that is right for you.
Drop-In and Testing Hours
WDC 2602/2603 and WDC 2605
Summer 2019 Hours: June 3 - July 30
(Campus is closed Thursday, July 4th.)
8:00 am - noon; 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
8:00 am - noon; 4:00 pm -7:00 pm
8:00 am - noon; 4:00 pm- 7:00 pm
8:00 am - noon; 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
10:00 am - noon
For information about testing at one of the satellite campuses, click here:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Go to my.heartland.edu and click on the "MyLabsPlus" tab. On the following screen click on "MyLabsPlus" again. Choose your class.
No! The textbook is online and accessible from the MyLabsPlus online course page. The additional course fee covers your access to MyLabsPlus for the term.
To report issues with MLP please go to http://heartland.mylabsplus.com/index.learn?action=support or call 888-883-1299, and notify your instructor.
Absolutely! In fact, we encourage you to work on math at home as well as here in the Math Success Center.
You are expected to work on math at least as much time outside of class as time spent in class. Our program allows you to work anywhere that you have internet access.
Yes! Even though the class content is offered on the computer, it is important to come to class, so that you know your instructor, can have questions answered and problems explained, as well as to take tests.
Any instructor or facilitator in the Math Success Center (MSC, WDC 2602/3) can grade your notebook. (You must have your notebook graded before you can take a Post-test.)
Main Campus: All tests must be taken in the Math Testing Center (WDC 2605) or in the MSC if the math testing center is closed.
Lincoln or Pontiac: Please contact the extension centers for their hours.
Pontiac (815)842-6777 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lincoln (217)735-1731 email: email@example.com
The schedule for hours is in your MyLabsPlus (MLP) course in Schedules
- You need to keep in mind that the amount of work is the same whether you take it online or in-class. That is, it will take from 10 – 15 hours a week to successfully complete your course.
- You will need to have a reliable computer to work from home.
- You will need to come to campus to take tests. You may also come to campus to have your notebook graded, receive help with questions, and have tests reviewed.
For a short quiz to decide if online learning is right for you, please visit: http://www.heartland.edu/onlinehybrid/quiz.html
Lori Hoffman, Associate Director of the Math Success Center (Lori.firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 309-268-8630)