Heartland Community College is recognized by the Illinois Community College Board and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504, (800) 621-7440, www.hlcommission.org. Heartland has chosen the AQIP (Academic Quality Improvement Program) path to maintain its accreditation and was accepted as an AQIP college in October 2005.
- The College's Child Development Lab (CDL) is an accredited learning lab facility through the National Association of Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- The College'’'s Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) programs are approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- The College's Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326.
- The college's Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- The College's Radiography Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JCERT).