Welcome to Heartland! All new students are required to complete a New Student Appointment!
New Student Appointment
A New Student Appointment is required for students who plan to complete a certificate or degree at Heartland. Each New Student Appointment lasts approximately 1.5 hours and will include:
- Introduction to college resources
- Meeting with an academic advisor
- Creating your course schedule
- Registering for classes
*At this time, New Student Appointments are being offered virtually through Zoom.
The following steps must be completed prior to registering for your New Student Appointment
- Submit your Heartland Application
- Confirm your residency in District 540
- Submit transcripts and or other required documents
- Complete the Basic Skills Assessment
- New Students: Submit your high school transcript, ACT scores, and any official college transcripts
- Transfer Students: Submit your official college transcripts
*If you have not completed all the required steps listed above, your appointment will be cancelled.
To schedule your New Student Appointment
After all the above steps are complete, please call 309.268.8027 to schedule.