Determine the best courses for your success at Heartland.
- Make sure to submit an HCC application before you take the assessment.
- Determine if you can waive your assessment.
- Schedule your ACCUPLACER* assessment in your myHeartland account on the Appointments tab. Assessments are offered by appointment primarily on Monday afternoons, Tuesday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- After testing is complete, all new students must contact Advisement and meet with an academic advisor as part of the enrollment process.
*ACCUPLACER is a computer-adaptive placement test to help determine what classes are appropriate for you.
Open Assessment Saturday
Walk-in testing is available Saturday, July 16 and Saturday, July 30 from 9:00 a.m. to noon in SCB 2001.
What to bring
Here is what you need to bring to your scheduled assessment:
- Your 7-digit Heartland student ID number (this is required to assess)
- A photo ID
Calculators are provided in our center. You may bring your own calculator for the math portion. Some calculators, such as the TI-89, are not allowed.