Determine the best courses for your success at Heartland.
- Make sure to submit an HCC application before you take the assessment.
- Determine if you can waive your assessment.
- Schedule your ACCUPLACER* assessment in your myHeartland account using the Appointments tab. Assessments are offered by appointment primarily on Monday afternoons, Tuesday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- After testing is complete, all new students must contact Advisement and meet with an academic advisor as part of the enrollment process.
*ACCUPLACER is a computer-adaptive placement test to help determine what classes are appropriate for you.
What to bring
Here is what you need to bring to your scheduled assessment:
- Your 7-digit Heartland student ID number (this is required to assess)
- A photo ID
Calculators are provided in our center. You may bring your own calculator for the math portion. Some calculators, such as the TI-89, are not allowed.
Testing for Other Institutions
The Assessment Center administers ACCUPLACER primarily for new Heartland students. If you are interested in taking ACCUPLACER for another school, please contact Testing Services to ask about proctoring your exam.