Becoming a College NOW Student
You must successfully submit the Heartland student application if you intend to earn college credit for HCC courses you take through your high school or career center.
- You can apply online - it is quick, easy and free!
- You will need your social security number.
- You should know which start term to choose.
- You must enter your correct HS graduation year.
→ You should use this guide if you need help!
Your next step is to make an appointment to complete any required placement tests by logging into myHeartland. *Completion of placement tests is not required for career center dual credit courses.
- Review the course offerings for your high school to see what placement tests, if any, are required.
- Access your myHeartland account using the Student ID and LogIn Name on your acceptance letter.
- Request enrollment
intoHCC courses through your school counselor after you meet all requirements.
→ Your high school or career center may have deadlines.