Truck Driver Training
Prepare for a career in commercial truck driving
Are you looking for a career and not just another job? Consider a career as a professional truck driver. Heartland Community College’s Truck Driver Training Program will open the door to a lifetime of job opportunities. Truck driving jobs in all varieties are widely available for those with a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Our Truck Driver Training course prepares you to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License. If you do not already have a valid Commercial Driver’s License Learner’s Permit, you will spend the first week preparing for that exam (you are responsible for paying the $50 fee to the DMV for the permit exam). At the end of the course, you will take a Class “A” License road test administered by the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office.
This course covers the following topics to prepare you for an entry level position in the transportation industry:
- Endorsement preparation
- State and federal regulations
- Log books
- Map reading and trip planning
- Complete vehicle training
Instruction includes classroom lecture, demonstration and behind-the-wheel experience in a Class “A” vehicle. Course fee is $3,900 and includes criminal background check/Motor Vehicle Report, drug screening and Department of Transportation physical.
- 160 hours of instruction in preparation for the Class A commercial driver's license exam
- Daytime classes begin every 4 weeks and run Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM
- Nighttime classes begin every 8 weeks and run Monday-Friday 5-9PM, March - October
- No previous experience is required
- Refresher courses are also available
- 6 month payment plan available with $900 deposit
Upcoming Class Dates
The following classes are still accepting enrollment:
- Daytime Class Begins: November 13, 2017
- Daytime Class Begins: January 2, 2018
- Nighttime Class Begin: March 5, 2018
Top Employers of our Graduates Include:
Check out the current truck driver job market here: CDL Truck Driving Jobs
Employment Statement for Job Training Programs
Heartland Community College does not guarantee employment upon completion of instructional programs. Students are responsible for researching relevant employment opportunities prior to registration. Students are responsible for understanding the benefits of successful certification attainment. No refunds will be provided if a student fails to complete a course, does not pass a certification exam, or is unsuccessful at obtaining employment.
Phone: 309-268-8448 Email: Truck.Driver@heartland.edu Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-3:30PM