Truck Driver Training
Prepare for a career in commercial truck driving
Are you looking for a career and not just another job? Consider a career as a professional truck driver. Heartland Community College’s Truck Driver Training Program will open the door to a lifetime of job opportunities. Truck driving jobs in all varieties are widely available for those with a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Our Truck Driver Training course prepares you to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License. If you do not already have a valid Commercial Driver’s License Learner’s Permit, you will spend the first week preparing for that exam (you are responsible for paying the $50 fee to the DMV for the permit exam). At the end of the course, you will take a Class “A” License road test administered by the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office.
This course covers the following topics to prepare you for an entry level position in the transportation industry:
- Endorsement preparation
- State and federal regulations
- Log books
- Map reading and trip planning
- Complete vehicle training
Instruction includes classroom lecture, demonstration and behind-the-wheel experience in a Class “A” vehicle. Course fee is $3,750 and includes criminal background check/Motor Vehicle Report, drug screening and Department of Transportation physical.
- 160 hours of instruction in preparation for the Class A commercial driver's license exam
- Daytime classes begin every 4 weeks and run Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM
- Nighttime classes begin every 8 weeks and run Monday-Friday 5-9PM, March - October
- No previous experience is required
- Affordable tuition
- Refresher courses are also available
We offer a monthly payment plan for students who would like to budget their fees over a period up to 6 months. We do require a minimum deposit of $750 ($150 of this deposit is non-refundable).
Upcoming Class Dates
The following classes are still accepting enrollment:
- Daytime Classes Begin: July 24, 2017
- Nighttime Class Begin: August 28, 2017
Employment Statement for Job Training Programs
Heartland Community College does not guarantee employment upon completion of instructional programs. Students are responsible for researching relevant employment opportunities prior to registration. Students are responsible for understanding the benefits of successful certification attainment. No refunds will be provided if a student fails to complete a course, does not pass a certification exam, or is unsuccessful at obtaining employment.
Top Employers of our Graduates Include:
- Bloomington Relocation Systems, Inc.
- Express Employment Professionals
- Express Trucking & Courier, Inc.
- Holland Trucking
- Marvin Keller Trucking
- McElroy Truck Lines
- Nussbaum Trucking
- TransAm Truck
- US Xpress
Phone: 309-268-8448 Email: Truck.Driver@heartland.edu Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-3:30PM