Illinois Council on Problem Gambling Conference
Get research-backed information from industry professionals about problem and responsible gambling.
Heartland Community College is proud to virtually host the 10th annual conference on problem gambling, sponsored by the Illinois Council on Problem Gambling.
- Friday, September 18, 2020
- ZOOM format
- Tom Swoik: Executive Director, Illinois Gambling Association and Chair, Illinois Alliance on Problem
- Loreen Rugle, Ph.D: Consultant, Problem and Responsible Gambling
- Richard L. Taylor, B.S.: Executive Director, Responsible Gaming and Military Affairs, MGM Resort
- Dr. T. Celeste Napier, Ph.D: Director, Center for Compulsive Behaviors & Addiction and Professor, Rush University Medical School
- Faye Freeman Smith, LCPC: Director, Student Counseling, Heartland Community College
9AM – Introduction of guests
9:30AM – Dr. Loreen Rugle, PhD.
Addressing the Co-Occurrence of Opioid Use Disorder and Problem Gambling
10:30AM – Richard L. Taylor, B.S.
“Game Sense:” The Company’s Responsible Gaming Program
12–1PM – Lunch
1PM – Workshops begin
1. T. Celeste Napier, PhD., Research Findings
2. Loreen Rugle, PhD., Stick and Stones Can Break My Bones and Words Can Break My Heart: Stigma, Shame and the Importance of Language
3. Faye Freeman-Smith, LCPC, DCC, ACS, Recovery and Mindfulness
4. Richard L. Taylor, Gaming and Military Affairs
2:30PM – Break
2:45PM – Workshops continue
4PM – Wrap-up and dismiss
Registration & Fees
Admission fee includes materials, CEU applications, and a certificate of attendance.
Admission fee: $50
Free admission applies to the following individuals:
- Corporate sponsors
- Court services employees
- Senior citizen facilities employees