Class Completion Guidelines
The McLean County Circuit Court requires that you complete your traffic safety school class at least 30 days before your supervision termination date. Failure to complete your class at least 30 days BEFORE your supervision termination date will result in a conviction being placed on your record.
If you are taking the class outside of McLean County, you must mail the ORIGINAL certificate of completion to our office no later than 30 business days before your termination date. Failure to verify the completion of your class will result in a conviction being placed on your record.
Am I eligible for Traffic Safety School?
- You must be 18 years or older (under 18—must attend court).
- You must NOT hold a Commercial Drivers License (CDL—must attend court).
- You must NOT have attended Traffic Safety School within the last 12 months.
- You must pay your fine and fees to the McLean County Circuit Clerk’s Office.
When are classes offered?
Where are the classes held?
What if I need to reschedule?
I received my citation in a different county…can I take the class in McLean County?
Note: It is your responsibility to send your certificate of completion to the county in which you received your citation.
What is the curriculum?
Our classes use the curriculum developed by National Curriculum and Training Institute (NCTI). You will learn and review basic traffic laws as well as objectively look at your driving behavior and make a personal commitment to positively alter your driving habits.
During the class you will:
- Discover how your attitude affects driving behavior
- Realize how attitudes can override values
- Reflect on your behavior through Personal Awareness Journaling
- Review proper driving techniques
- Set goals that will help avoid future driving problems
- Commit to never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Develop a renewed awareness of driving responsibilities
- Make a firm commitment to change at least one bad driving habit
How do I show I have completed the program?
Note: If you were ordered by a judge to complete a traffic school then you may need to still show them proof of completion by showing them your course completion certificate even if you completed with us.
If I have other questions, who should I contact?
Call the Heartland Community College Traffic Safety Program office at (309) 268-8159.
Call the McLean County Circuit Clerk’s Office at (309) 888-5310 or (309) 888-5313.