Professional Development & Continuing Education Units
Heartland Community College is an approved provider of professional development activities for the renewal of PELs (Professional Educator License).
Community Education offers classes which increase the knowledge and/or skills to impact student growth, achievement, and well-being. The following courses have been approved for PD hour credits. Please inform the instructor when taking a class for PD’s. If you have any questions, please contact Crystal Johnson, 309-268-8374.
- Excel Introduction - 12 PDs
- Excel Intermediate - 12 PDs
- Excel Advanced - 12 PDs
- Sign Langage I - 20 PDs
- Sign Language II - 20 PDs
- Beginning Spanish Level II - 22 PDs
- Beginning French I - 20 PDs
- Beginning French II - 20 PDs
- French 101 - 20 PDs
- Conversational Russian - 20 PDs
- Japanese I - 16 PDs
- Grant Writing Fundamentals - 7.5 PDs