Grant Reimbursement for Employee Training
We understand it's important to keep your employees’ skills up to date and that can be costly.
Employer Training Investment ProgramYou may be elibigle for the Employer Training Investment Program (ETIP) grant funded by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. The grant reimburses eligible Illinois businesses for up to 50 percent of approved training costs.
To qualify, training projects need to be customer-driven and your organization must demonstrate how the new skills are directly related to work performance.
Your company may be eligible for the grant if you are:
- Growing the business enterprise in Illinois
- Expanding into new markets
- Introducing more efficient technologies/continuous improvement systems into their operations which will result in greater output per employee
- Training full-time Illinois employees (part-time, temporary or seasonal workers are not eligible)
- Expanding exports from Illinois
- Providing training programs required to respond to new or changing technologies, processes, product lines, machinery or equipment
- Training employees in skills related to regulatory compliance as mandated for the workplace
- Offering trainings in safety, lean principles, quality control, computer programming/software training, lock out tag out, technical workplace skills and similar topics
Terms of the grant are subject to change. Please contact us to see if your company qualifies.