Jump over the site's secondary content.
Hours of Operation
Mon: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tues: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thurs: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
View all dates on the
- 01/12/15 - Classes begin for spring 2015 16-week session
- 02/02/15 - Classes begin for spring 2015 12-week session
- 03/03/15 - Open registration begins for summer 2015 session
- 04/07/15 - Open registration begins for fall 2015 session
College N.O.W. Dates
Jump over the site's primary content.
Residency Requirements for In-District Tuition
Map of HCC District 540
Proof of in-district residency is required for you to receive
rate except if you graduated from a high school located in
Heartland's district within the past year. *Documentation of
in-district residency must be provided on the first day of your
first class to receive in-district tuition rates. To prove in-district residency, one of
the criteria below must be met at least 30 days prior to the start of
the academic term regardless of the class session.
- Residing with parent or guardian within District 540
- Emancipated minor, completely self supporting and residing within District 540
- Married and maintaining a family residence within District 540
- Single and self-supporting as defined by the Federal Office of Education and maintaining a residence within District 540
- Residing outside of the district, but working full-time in
Valid Documentation (subject to
The following will be accepted if name, address and date are
valid and provided by the first day of your first class:
- Voter's registration in District 540
- Tax, utility or rent receipts
- Valid driver's license or vehicle registration in District 540
- Valid IL state ID
- Bank account statement in District 540
- Lease from apartment or house with a District 540 address
- Mortgage agreement or contract to purchase
- Medical bills
- Credit card statement
- Insurance card or statement
- Hunting or fishing license
- Shelter residency documentation
- Installment loan documentation (car/boat/motorcycle etc.)
- Military active duty / Discharge documentation
Other Criteria for In-District Residency
- The student resides outside District 540, but works full time
within the district.
- Please download the
Residency by Employment form and return to
- The student resides outside District 540, but is a dependent of
a parent/guardian who works full time within the district.
- Please download the Residency by Employment form
and return to
- The student resides outside District 540 but pays property taxes on land within the district.
- Please bring or fax a copy of the tax bill to
in the Community Commons Building.
- Visiting students
currently attending Illinois State University, Illinois Wesleyan
University, Lincoln College or Lincoln Christian University
must show a student I.D. and a current class schedule for the
term the student is planning on attending HCC to receive in-district
tuition rates (summer semester is an exception – spring or fall
schedule can be used for residency).
- Out-of-district students attending Heartland Community College
by virtue of an approved Cooperative Agreement (Interdistrict or
otherwise) or Chargeback will only be required to pay the
In-District tuition rate at Heartland Community College.
How Do I Submit Documentation?
one of the following:
- Scan and email your residency documentation
email@example.com (please list your name and ID number
in the body of the email)
- Fax your residency documentation to:
- Mail your residency documentation in attention to:
Normal, IL 61761
- Bring your residency documentation in person
to Admissions in the Community Commons Building
- Questions? Call the Office of Admissions: 309-268-8010.