Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN)
Heartland Community College is a founding member of the Illinois Green Economy Network.
The Illinois Green Economy Network is a consortium of Illinois community college working to advance Illinois' green economy. IGEN's unique statewide cooperative approach leverages the power of a sustainability network with the deep community connections of individual colleges to expand deployment of clean energy technologies, increase employment opportunities, improve environmental and human health, foster community engagement, and accelerate market competitiveness.
To provide a platform for collaboration among all Illinois community colleges and their partners to drive growth of the green economy.
The Illinois community college system as a global leader in transforming education and the economy for a sustainable future.
- President Widmer is a member of the IGEN President's Steering Committee
- The Green Institute Associate Director is recognized as an IGEN Network Affiliate
- Submits articles about HCC successes to the IGEN monthly newsletter
- Participates a multitude of grant opportunities
- Attends and hosts conferences and trainings