Jump over the site's primary content.
Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) Reporting
Student Consumer Information
Future students, current students and community members are encouraged to review the following information, which provides a comprehensive overview of the College and its practices, including crime statistics, privacy, financial aid and other important College policies.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (Public Law 110-315) (HEOA) was enacted on August 14, 2008, and reauthorizes the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA).
The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) contains numerous federal reporting and disclosure requirements for information from various administrative areas of higher education institutions. In order to make this information readily available, Heartland Community College provides quick access to this data.
For assistance in obtaining institutional or financial information or for other questions, please email Heartland Community College.
General HCC Information
- Privacy of Student Records* (available in PDF format, 16 KB, 2 pages) -- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Diversity
- Price of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Computer Use* and File Sharing* (available in PDF format, 100 KB, 21 pages)
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Textbook Information
- Educational Programs
- Instructional Facilities
- HCC Faculty
- Search the online schedule to find the name of the instructor teaching each course section.
- Each program of study contains a faculty directory link, indicating who is teaching in a particular discipline.
- Each discipline found on the academic departments page displays a faculty directory link, indicating who is teaching in a particular discipline.
- Visit the employee directory for a list of HCC employees
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Accreditation, Approval and Licensure of HCC and Programs
- Copyright Infringement - Policies and Sanctions* (available in PDF format, 611 KB, 5 pages)
- Computer Use and File Sharing* (available in PDF format, 35 KB, 4 pages)
- Student Activities
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Career advising is available to help HCC students select a major or career path.
- Visit the Career Services website to learn about career resources for students, alumni, community residents and employers.
Teacher Preparation Program Report
Student Financial Assistance
Health and Safety
- Vaccination Policies
- Campus Crime Statistics
- Campus Security Information
- Campus Security Report and Policy * (available in PDF format, 220 KB, 8 pages)
- Campus Violence Prevention Policy* (available in PDF format, 150 KB, 3 pages)
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures* (available in PDF format, 220 KB, 8 pages)
- Missing Person Notification Procedures
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program* (available in PDF format, 220 KB, 8 pages)
- Drug and Alcohol Policies and the Sanctions Imposed for Violation
- Drug and Alcohol Violations and Fatalities
- Fire Safety Policies, Fire Statistics and Fire Log
- Disciplinary Policies and Hearings* (available in PDF format, 5 MB, 242 pages)
- Timely Notice Policy* (available in PDF format, 141 KB, 2 pages)
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act
HCC Employee Information
*Note: You must download and install Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ in order to view and print the PDFs.
Last Updated: 03/30/2012