Adult Education Instructor - Lincoln
We seek an instructor to teach Adult Basic Education/High School Equivalency (ABE/HSE) Preparation on a part-time basis. Position includes afternoon hours at the Heartland Lincoln Center. Will plan and deliver instruction to students as they prepare to pass the HSE exam. Content areas include math, language arts, social studies, science, and U.S. and Illinois Constitution, as well as career planning and development.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web-based tools
- Ability to successfully manage multiple learning levels and styles in one classroom
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently, problem-solve, and function professionally under pressure
- Teaching certification and/or master’s degree in adult education or related field
- Successful teaching or tutoring experience, especially with adult populations
- Experience working with diverse groups
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.