Building Maintenance Technician
About the Position
We seek applicants for a full-time position to perform general maintenance and carpentry.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Perform general carpentry duties, painting, plastering, ceiling installations, wall construction, and minor woodworking projects and repairs
- Install and repair equipment, fixtures, and furniture
- Perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs to electrical, plumbing, and HVAC equipment
- Provide custodial, groundskeeping, and snow-removal services
- Conduct room setups, including arranging and moving furniture and equipment
- Five years’ experience as a general maintenance worker in educational or commercial environments
- Facility maintenance skills and knowledge
- Expert in use of small hand tools, power tools, and measuring equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work from ladders and do extensive walking and kneeling
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds (as necessary to perform functions of the position)
- Valid driver’s license (will drive to College facilities as necessary to perform duties)
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Availability for work schedule of Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional after-hours support required as part of established departmental on-call rotation
- Graduate of a construction/building trades school or three year apprenticeship program
- Locksmith experience
- Training and ability to operate and work from heights in snorkel, scissors, and one-man-operator lifts
- Experience in repair and maintenance of utility vehicles and equipment
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application (available at heartland.edu/jobs)
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 8/25/2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.