Digital Services Librarian
About the Position
We seek applicants for a full-time position to lead the development, maintenance, and utilization of technologies related to library services at the College.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Establish, coordinate, and maintain access to online content and tools
- Develop online tutorials for patrons on various aspects of digital information
- Maintain the library website
- Coordinate the library’s social media
- Provide reference and research assistance
- Provide supervision and training of library assistants
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program
- Public service experience, including reference consultations
- Ability to work with digital library resources
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and utilize sound professional judgment
- Experience in an academic library setting
- Familiarity with the creation of online research guides and video tutorials
- Experience in electronic resource management
- Demonstrated ability to access and use current online information tools
- Experience with Springshare products and Blackboard
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Applicants wanting to be considered for both the Digital Services Librarian position and Information Services Librarian positions may submit one application package indicating interest in both positions.
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 11/17/2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.