Dean of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
We seek applicants for the full-time administrative position of Dean of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. This position is anticipated to begin July 2018. The Dean is responsible for upholding the educational and organizational quality of the division and supervising the selection, training, evaluation, and termination of full-time and adjunct faculty and staff.
To learn more about the broad range of academic disciplines within the Liberal Arts and Social Sciences division, please see https://www.heartland.edu/academicDepartments/lass.
Areas of Leadership include but are not limited to
- Budget oversight
- Faculty scholarship and development
- Strategic planning
- Staffing and scheduling
- Course and program development
- Master’s degree in appropriate discipline
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Appropriate higher education experience, including successful teaching experience
- Record of effective leadership
- Relevant business or industry experience
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application which includes your approach to academic leadership and administration, educational philosophy, and the community college mission
- Transcript copies (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 2/19/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.