Dean of Student Support Services
About the Position
We seek applicants for the full-time administrative position of Dean of Student Support Services. This position is anticipated to begin July 2018. The Dean is responsible for providing leadership in the administration, organization, and development of student support services and programs. This position also plays a primary leadership role in the College’s Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) accreditation process.
Student Support Services includes the following functional areas
- Disability Support Services
- Equity, Compliance, and Title IX
- International Studies
- Library and Information Services
- Student Counseling
- Student Engagement
- Student Success
- TRIO/Project Rise
- Tutoring Services
Areas of leadership include but are not limited to
- Budget management
- Strategic planning
- Program review and improvement efforts
- Employee staffing, scheduling, and evaluation
- Master’s degree in appropriate discipline
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills; must be comfortable working with the public
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Appropriate higher education experience
- Successful community college teaching experience
- Experience with student affairs compliance, such as Title IX and Clery Act reporting
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application which includes your approach to academic leadership and administration, educational philosophy, and the community college mission
- Transcript copies (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 3/9/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.