We seek applicants for a full-time position to facilitate simulated space missions, workshops, programs, and outreach of the Challenger Learning Center (CLC). Will assist with curriculum development and planning, mission preparation, simulator maintenance, and other daily operations of the CLC.
To learn more about the Challenger Learning Center, please see http://www.heartland.edu/clc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with students in K-8, STEM, or related field
- Appropriate teaching and curriculum development experience
- Excellent written communication, public speaking, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively with groups of diverse ages, cultures, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Valid Illinois professional educator or substitute teacher license
- Experience developing, implementing, and assessing educational programs and outcomes
- Familiarity with computer assisted instruction and Mac and PC platforms
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in a standing/walking position for extended periods
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 3/14/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.