Adjunct Faculty: Welding
We seek applicants for part-time instructors to teach the following courses during the Fall 2018 and future semesters. Minimum of 2000 hours of demonstrated experience in the field required; successful teaching experience desired.
Introduction to Welding Processes
- Knowledge and experience in cutting, soldering, brazing, SMAW, GMAW, TIG methods required
- Class meets Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:00 – 11:50 a.m. during first 8 week session (August 20 to October 12)
Shielded Metal Arc Welding I
- Knowledge and experience in SMAW techniques required; familiarity with AWS certification tests desired
- Two sections available: Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:00 – 11:50 a.m. during second 8 week session AND Mondays and Wednesdays, 2:00 – 5:50 p.m. during second 8 week session (October 15 to December 14)
Review of applications will be ongoing. For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
- Copies of certifications and/or transcripts, if applicable
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.