Associate Director of College Engagement
We seek applicants for a full-time position to engage community constituents in support of College programs and services. Will propose strategy and oversee operations for community use of College facilities, engagement of alumni, and College representation at targeted community events.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Develop strategies to support employees in leveraging community partners for internships, mentors, speakers, etc.
- Promote and oversee the use of College facilities by external partners
- Foster meaningful relationships with alumni
- Oversee annual commencement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive experience in community relations, public relations, event management, or strategic partnerships
- Ability to interact with and promote the College to diverse constituents including students, alumni, employees, and a broad range of community members
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with software applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Availability to work evenings and weekends for special events
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and strategic planning skills
- Higher education work experience
- Experience working with a non-profit board
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 7/30/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.