Floating Child Development Specialist
We seek applicants for a full-time position in the College’s Child Development Lab (CDL) to be responsible for the care and education of children as a substitute for their regularly assigned teacher during the teacher’s absence. The CDL is a nationally accredited laboratory school serving children six weeks to five years of age as well as providing field experience for college students. The Floating Child Development Specialist will implement the regular teacher’s plans and curriculum within the CDL’s mixed-age infant/toddler and preschool classrooms as needed.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Implement curriculum and activities aligned with NAEYC accreditation standards
- Ensure a safe, nurturing learning environment for all children
- Assist with preparing and maintaining accreditation portfolios and various reports
- Associate’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field
- Eligibility for Gateways ECE credential level 4
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field
- Eligibility for Gateways ECE credential level 5
- Two years’ early childhood classroom experience
- Experience implementing research based curriculum, supervising students or volunteers, and facilitating family involvement activities
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 7/30/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.