Dean of Health Sciences
We seek applicants for the full-time administrative position of Dean of Health Sciences. This position is anticipated to begin January 2019. The Dean is responsible for upholding the educational and organizational quality of the division and supervising the selection, training, and evaluation of full-time and adjunct faculty and staff.
Programs within the Health Sciences division currently include Emergency Medical Services, Health, Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, and Radiography.
Areas of Leadership include but are not limited to
- Faculty scholarship and development
- Course and program development
- Strategic planning
- Budget oversight
- Staffing and scheduling
- Master’s degree in discipline within the Health Sciences division or closely related field
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Appropriate higher education experience, including successful teaching experience
- Record of effective leadership
- Relevant professional experience
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application which includes your approach to academic leadership and administration, educational philosophy, and the community college mission
- Transcript copies (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.