Senior System Administrator
We seek applicants for a full-time position within the Information Technology (IT) department to plan, implement, oversee, and maintain server infrastructure and business application systems as a lead member of the Network and System Administration Team. Will manage and provide technical leadership for IT project analysis, prioritization, and implementation.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Advise and consult with Director of Network and System Administration in designing, developing, and planning system software and system applications
- Lead and oversee planning, development, implementation, upgrades, and testing for specialized systems and services
- Provide daily support such as troubleshooting, fixes, patches, and firmware updates
- Provide expertise for end-user issues escalated beyond first and second support levels
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience in administering Microsoft SQL Server database systems
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in system administration
- Fundamental knowledge of Object Oriented Programing (especially Java) and Windows scripting language (especially PowerShell)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills with Microsoft server operating systems and Microsoft Active Directory (AD) domains
- Minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience maintaining and administering Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems OR demonstrated in-depth knowledge and skills with six or more server/application systems, including but not limited to:
- Apache HTTPd
- Apache Tomcat
- Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS)
- Business Intelligence System and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) Tools
- Citrix Netscaler Load Balancer
- Citrix Provisioning
- Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Identity Management
- Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server Database Administration
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- PeopleSoft Financials
- PeopleSoft Human Resources
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and lead project teams
- Proven ability to design, engineer, and improve systems and system applications
- Demonstrated effective analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proven effective communication and excellent documentation skills
- Commitment to quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources effectively among multiple priorities
- Strong knowledge of VMware, Hyper-V, or other current virtualization technologies
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models
- Expert knowledge with managing computer, network, and application security
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience implementing operational automation using scripts (.CMD, PowerShell, VB)
- Experience with Business Intelligence systems and ETL tools
- Certifications or training in technologies used in the College environment (such as MCSE, Apache, VMware, Citrix, etc.)
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 9/17/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.