We seek applicants for a full-time position within the Information Technology department to plan, implement, oversee, and maintain server infrastructure and business application systems as a member of the Network and System Administration Team.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Manage server applications and systems to ensure high level of availability and quality
- Troubleshoot system, software, and application failures
- Identify, evaluate, and implement technology tools to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and security
- Address business problems by preparing solution specifications and coordinating production with developers
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum of 5 years of experience working in system administration
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills with Microsoft server operating systems
- Understanding of database management, relational database systems (RDBMS) theory and design, and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience maintaining and administering Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems OR demonstrated in-depth knowledge and skills with server/application systems, including but not limited to:
- Application administration/configuration
- Information architecture
- Server and virtual server administration
- System integration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member
- Commitment to quality customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage and easily switch between multiple projects, follow directions, and see initiatives through to completion
- Fundamental knowledge of Object Oriented Programing (especially Java) and Windows scripting language (especially PowerShell)
- Knowledge of system development and understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of and experience in business process mapping
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 9/17/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.