We seek applicants for a full-time position within the Facilities Division to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical/communication equipment and building electrical systems per national electrical code and local ordinances. Work schedule is Tuesday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Five years of experience in the industrial electrical maintenance field as a journeyman electrician
- Completion of formal or informal apprentice program or recognized certificate from a vocational trade school or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in medium duty voltage up to 15,000 volts
- Knowledge of national and local electrical codes
- Working knowledge of AC & DC electrical theory, motors, controllers, and circuitry
- Demonstrated ability to use algebra and geometry
- Demonstrated ability to write and read correspondence, blueprints, and schematics and communicate effectively with others
- Skilled in the use of a variety of small hand tools, power tools, and testing and measuring equipment such as voltmeters, ammeters, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work from ladders, bend pipes, and perform extensive walking and kneeling
- Local contractor’s license
- Extensive industrial and/or commercial electrical experience
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 9/28/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.