Tenure-Track Faculty: Information Technology
We seek applicants for a full-time, 9-month appointment within the College’s STEM and Business division anticipated to begin Fall 2019. This position may include teaching evening or weekend classes, at off-campus locations, or in alternative delivery formats.
In addition to primary teaching functions, responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Develop curriculum and engage in laboratory development
- Participate in assessment related to student learning outcomes
- Participate in departmental and College-wide initiatives and events as appropriate
- Master’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or closely related field with 18+ graduate level hours in IT or Computer Science related courses
- Programming proficiency in Java
- Successful college-level teaching experience in Information Technology areas such as programming (Java), systems development, or database management
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Willingness to teach a broad range of IT and Computer Science courses
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrated interest in related areas such as security, data structures, and scripting
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application addressing how your qualifications meet the position requirements
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy with description of teaching and assessment practices
- Transcript copies (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 1/4/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.