Director of Online Learning and Instructional Technologies
We seek applicants for a full-time position within the Academic Affairs division to provide leadership and direction for the design and delivery of online/hybrid instruction at the College.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Research and implement new instructional strategies to improve course delivery in nontraditional formats
- Provide ongoing support to employees for alternative course delivery and the use of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Develop and manage alternative delivery training workshops and instructor certification programs
- Oversee student online learning course quality through collection and analysis of data
- Support the development of innovative instructional technologies in classrooms and across campus as needed
- Master’s degree
- College-level online teaching experience
- Ability to lead online/hybrid and alternative delivery instructional design and quality review
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function professionally under pressure and work independently
- Education or certifications in online learning
- Community college teaching experience
- Experience teaching in and/or administering a variety of course delivery formats
- Technological proficiency with and experience in LMS, especially Canvas
- Experience with innovative learning technologies
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 3/22/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.