Senior Research Analyst
We seek applicants for a full-time position to provide expertise as a data manager for Institutional Research (IR) data as part of the College’s Information Technology department.
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Data collection, conceptualization, analysis, and reporting related to students and employees, instructional offerings, and other aspects of the College
- Design reporting processes to support state, federal and other external reporting
- Support the College’s strategic planning, decision-making, and continuous quality improvement processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a research-based discipline, math/statistics, or management information systems
- Knowledge of data management and data conceptualization principles
- Ability to construct queries in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with the following:
- Relational databases
- Data modeling and data warehousing concepts
- Data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Master’s degree in a research-based discipline, math/statistics, or management information systems
- Knowledge of standard statistical processes
- Familiarity with survey design techniques
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, data models, Power Query)
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other ERP system
- Professional experience in higher education
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 4/19/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.