Administrative Assistant - Financial Aid
We seek applicants for a full-time position to assist with daily operations of the Financial Aid Office, including reception, administrative support, and processing of financial aid documents.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide high quality customer service through in-person reception and phone and email communication
- Perform typing, filing, scanning/copying, mail distribution, data entry, and related tasks
- Assist students with the FAFSA application process
- Assist with student employment functions
- Associate’s degree or appropriate experience/education
- Demonstrated minimum keyboarding skill of 40 WPM
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with students, parents, staff, and the public
- Excellent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential financial matters
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to problem-solve and to function professionally under pressure and during high volume workload periods
- Proficiency or familiarity with PC-based computer software, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Experience with integrated financial aid computer software, especially PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of financial aid policies and procedures
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 4/26/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.