Tenure-Track Faculty: Agriculture
About the Position
We seek applicants for a full-time, 9-month tenure-track Agriculture Faculty appointment within the College’s STEM and Business division. The anticipated start date is Fall 2019.
Agriculture courses currently taught in the A.A. concentration include Introduction to Animal Sciences, Principles of Agronomy, Introductory Horticulture, Introductory Agricultural Economics, and Soil Science. The successful candidate will bring ideas and plans to grow the A.A. program and will explore opportunities to build new and innovative agricultural programs, including the potential for work-ready and technical programs, across the college’s three campuses in the district. The faculty member will have the opportunity to participate in program development, industry networking, club advising, and student recruitment while leading efforts to build an agricultural land lab, with anticipated construction of a greenhouse and student test plots. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is passionate about agriculture and desires to lead positive change in agricultural education at the community college level.
- Master’s degree in agriculture or agriculture education, OR
- Master’s degree in a closely related field, with 18+ graduate level hours in agriculture
- Successful program development experience, especially at a community college
- Successful college-level teaching experience in agriculture, especially at a community college
- Willingness to teach a broad range of agriculture courses
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrated interest in curriculum development and assessment
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter addressing how your qualifications meet the position requirements
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy with description of teaching and assessment practices
- Transcript copies (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 5/20/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.