Technology Support Services Technician
We seek applicants for a full-time position in the Information Technology department to install, maintain, and repair technology resources including computers, audio/visual equipment, and video conferencing systems.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Participate in deployments of new technology
- Assist clients in resolving problems with technology resources
- Staff the IT helpdesk to support users on a wide range of technology related concerns including password resets, how-to consultations, and software troubleshooting
- Associate’s degree in computer science, electronics technology, or related field; OR two years of technical experience in a related field
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more of the following electronic components: computers, peripherals, projectors, and telephones
- Troubleshooting skills for a range of hardware and software systems
- Effective communication skills and ability to work well as a team member
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. (as necessary to perform functions of the position)
- Valid driver’s license
- Troubleshooting skills for video and audio conferencing systems
- Thorough understanding of PC networking
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems, including Macintosh
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 5/17/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.