We seek applicants for a full-time position in the College’s Facilities Division to perform general maintenance and carpentry. Work schedule is Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs to equipment, vehicles, furniture, and building systems
- Provide groundskeeping, pavement care, and snow-removal services
- Perform general carpentry duties of painting, plastering, window and door maintenance and repair
- Assist with room setups, including arranging and moving furniture and equipment
- Five years of experience as a general maintenance worker in a commercial or educational setting
- Expertise in the use of small hand tools, power tools, and measuring equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work from ladders and perform duties that may require kneeling, bending, balancing, or climbing
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs (as necessary to perform functions of the position)
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong communication skills
- Graduate of a construction/building trades school or three-year apprenticeship program
- Experience in repair and maintenance of utility vehicles and equipment
- Training and ability to operate/work from heights in snorkel, scissors, and one-man-operator lifts
- Experience in repair and maintenance of lock systems
- Experience in building automation systems
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 5/17/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.