Director of Child Development Lab
We seek applicants for a full-time position to provide leadership, program planning, supervision, and management of the College’s Child Development Lab (CDL). The Director is responsible for overall CDL operations and ensuring adherence to principles of developmentally appropriate programming.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Supervise and schedule CDL staff, including professional development and training
- Coordinate with faculty regarding College student experiences at the CDL
- Maintain National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation
- Manage external sources of funding, including the Federal Food Program and applicable grants
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or closely related field
- Meet the qualifications for Child Care Directors as defined by NAEYC
- Experience in the following areas
- administering quality early childhood programs
- developing and managing classroom environments
- supervising staff
- managing a budget
- Advanced degree beyond a bachelor’s in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or closely related field
- Early Childhood (0-4) teaching certification
- Community college work experience
- Demonstrated experience in community collaboration
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
- Transcript copies (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 6/3/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.