Director of Heartland Community College Pontiac
We seek applicants for a full-time position to lead strategic and operational planning for Heartland Community College’s location in Pontiac, IL.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Maintain awareness of learning needs across the service area, propose and implement courses, programs, and services to meet them, and measure effectiveness
- Develop and advance external relationships to promote the College and foster partnerships for workforce development and resource enhancement
- Oversee operations of the Center including staffing, budgeting, compliance, and facilities needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with Livingston County educational, business, and community partners and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to engage a broad range of constituents, understand varied community and organizational perspectives, and demonstrate respect for diverse populations and inclusive practices
- Ability to propose and advance creative solutions while ensuring resource stewardship and measuring effectiveness
- Strong organizational skills including demonstrated ability with operational planning, scheduling, budgeting, and supervision
- Master’s degree
- Minimum three years of professional experience at Heartland Community College with broad knowledge of programs and services offered
- Experience with student development theory and practice
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 6/14/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.