Assistant Director of Science Laboratories
We seek applicants for a full-time position within the College’s STEM and Business division to manage all aspects of science laboratories.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Administer and oversee instructional and preparation activities for science learning labs
- Coordinate the hiring, scheduling, and daily supervision of part-time lab support staff
- Manage purchasing, maintenance, and budgeting for chemicals, instructional supplies, and equipment
- Develop and deliver training for faculty and technicians on lab safety and OSHA regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in a natural or physical science field
- Successful experience teaching science lab classes and maintaining related equipment and materials
- Demonstrated sound scientific judgment, strong lab technical skills, and high degree of safety consciousness
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Master’s degree in a natural or physical science field
- Supervisory experience
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 6/21/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.