Executive Director of Work Ready Program Development and Innovation
We seek applicants for a full-time position to provide leadership for the strategic development and expansion of academic programs that prepare graduates to enter directly into the workforce. The Executive Director will collaborate widely across the College community, including work with academic Deans and Associate Deans, to establish and advance additional work ready program offerings. Current Career and Technical Education (CTE) and vocational education programs include nursing, certified nursing assistant, physical therapist assistant, radiography technician, medical assistant, dental assistant, pharmacy technician, phlebotomy, truck driver training, industrial technology, digital media, networking, HVAC, building maintenance, and veterinary assistant.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide overall direction and supervision for the Office of Pathways and Work Ready Program Development
- Foster a Pathways Model of curriculum that fully addresses various needs along the continuum of Connections, Entry, Progress/Completion, and Transition
- Ensure a student learning approach to programming with consideration for the College’s Essential Competencies
- Lead industry visioning to explore and identify new academic programs
- Engage the Work Ready Planning Committee in the consideration and development of new programming
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (3 years direct experience)
- 3 – 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the development of academic programs and curriculum
- Proven competency in leadership, project management, and supervision
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Master’s degree in curriculum and instruction or other relevant field
- Successful community college experience
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 7/1/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.