Program Assistant for Heartland Community College Pontiac
We seek applicants for a full-time position to assist in the operations of Heartland Community College’s location in Pontiac, IL.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Support entry processes for students in a wide range of learning programs, including admissions, placement testing, advising, registration, and orientation
- Provide daily support for the Center, including managing documents, handling communications, maintaining data, and providing cashiering functions
- Assist the Director and Associate Director with efforts related to student recruitment, community outreach, and other connections to the Pontiac service area
- Associate’s degree
- Experience with PC-based computer software, especially word processing and spreadsheets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with diverse students, staff, and the public
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to problem-solve, work independently, and function professionally under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in career or academic advising, college admissions, or student personnel at the community college level
- Familiarity with Livingston County constituents and community priorities
- Familiarity with digital communications including social media, internet, and electronic signage
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 7/1/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.