We seek applicants for a full-time position in the College’s Facilities division to maintain, install, repair, and troubleshoot complex plumbing and mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with applicable codes. Work schedule is Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Current State of Illinois Plumbing License
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the plumbing/pipefitting field as a Journeyman Plumber/Pipefitter
- Demonstrated ability to layout and install complex plumbing and mechanical systems such as hot water, chemical process, and wastewater systems using schematic diagrams
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, hydronics, chemistry, and backflow devices
- Demonstrated ability to use mathematical formulas such as basic algebra and geometry
- Demonstrated ability to write and read correspondence, blueprints, and schematics
- Proven skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools and equipment such as pipe threaders, self-tapping machines, flow meters, welding and cutting equipment
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds (as necessary to perform functions of the position)
- Demonstrated ability to work from heights
- Basic computer skills necessary to utilize HCC email and preventative maintenance/work order system
- Extensive educational, industrial, and/or commercial operational plumbing/pipefitting experience
- Extensive welding experience
- Current certification for the Illinois Backflow Device Certification Program
- Current Town of Normal Contractor’s License
- Certification in irrigation systems maintenance and repair
- Demonstrated ability to operate small equipment and/or tractors
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 8/9/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.