We seek applicants for a full-time position within Information Technology to serve as the lead technical role supporting database servers and administration.
Work schedule is primarily weekdays but will vary to include evening, night, and weekend hours to support project work as needed.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, implement, oversee, and maintain database servers, including applications and supporting hardware platforms
- Create, optimize, and troubleshoot SQL scripts and stored procedures
- Manage system security profile and access permission for the system and targeted datasets
- Work with project teams to develop data models that support business processes and needs
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or minimum of 5 years of experience working in system administration
- Proficiency in database management, relational database systems (RDBMS) theory and design, and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience maintaining and administering databases. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and skills with server/application systems, including but not limited to:
- Application Administration/Configuration
- Information Architecture
- Server and Virtual Server Administration
- System Integration
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member
- Commitment to high quality customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- Fundamental knowledge of Object Oriented Programing (especially Java) and Windows scripting language (especially PowerShell)
- Knowledge of system development and demonstrated understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of and experience in business process mapping
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents:
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 8/21/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.