Child Development Specialist
We seek applicants for a full-time position in the College’s Child Development Lab (CDL). The CDL is a nationally accredited laboratory school providing care and education to children 6 weeks to 5 years of age as well as field experience for college students. Child Development Specialists work as part of a teaching team within the CDL’s mixed-age infant/toddler or preschool classrooms. This position is anticipated to be in a 12-month infant/toddler classroom, but is subject to reassignment.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement curriculum and activities aligned with NAEYC accreditation standards
- Ensure a safe, nurturing learning environment for all children
- Assess needs and developmental progress of individual children and offer appropriate support to families
- Supervise and train college students in the laboratory school
- Associate’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field
- Eligibility for Gateways ECE credential level 4
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field
- Eligibility for Gateways ECE credential level 5
- Two years’ early childhood classroom experience
- Experience implementing research based curriculum, supervising students or volunteers, and facilitating family involvement activities
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
- Transcript copy
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 9/13/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.