Associate Director, Work Ready Curriculum Development
We seek applicants for a full-time position to coordinate curriculum development, instructional design, and assessment for work ready programs in conjunction with campus colleagues, industry partners, and subject matter experts. This position collaborates with and frequently engages both internal and external entities.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Ensure program effectiveness, compliance with industry standards, and fulfillment of state and federal regulations and certification requirements
- Recommend and coordinate updates to existing course content and curriculum
- Serve as a member of the College’s Curriculum and Academic Standards committee
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expertise in traditional and online curricular design and instruction
- Commitment to staying current in relevant research and evidence-based practices
- Ability to function professionally in a team environment while efficiently managing multiple projects
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Master’s degree
- Work experience in higher education, especially in a community college setting
- Knowledge of/experience in the following areas:
- Current theories/principles of adult learning and education
- Learning management systems (LMS) and online course delivery, especially Canvas
- Career pathways development
- Project management
- Regional business and organizational needs
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 10/7/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.