Director, Facilities Maintenance
We seek applicants for a full-time position to work with the Executive Director to continually monitor and inspect College real property systems, identify maintenance and repair requirements, and direct accomplishment of those requirements in a timely and cost effective way.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Administer the preventative maintenance program
- Manage building maintenance and repair contracts, including roof care, controls, generators, and equipment
- Oversee safety and environmental compliance, workmanship of building contractors, and satisfactory fulfillment of customer work requests
- Supervise assigned employees of the Facilities division
- Journeyman tradesperson OR degree in a construction related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in building construction and/or maintenance
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, tools, equipment, costs, and wages
- Ability to understand building design drawings/blueprints and specifications
- Functional computer skills needed to email, order materials and supplies, collect and manage data, direct work requirements, perform administrative duties, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with customers, employees, and contractors
- Master-level certified/licensed journeyman tradesperson
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience leading journeyman tradespersons
- Knowledge of building systems and their interconnectivity
- Knowledge of construction industry safety and environmental rules
Review of applications will begin October 30, 2019 and continue until position is filled. For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 10/30/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.