Adjunct Faculty: Technology
We seek applicants for part-time instructors to teach the following courses during the Spring 2020 semester within the College’s STEM & Business division. Minimum 2000 hours of documented, successful work experience in the field is required. Teaching experience is desired.
Industrial and Building Controllers
- Knowledge of and experience with programmable logical controllers (PLCs) and building control systems as well as ladder logic program development and implementation
- Class meets Thursdays, 6:00 - 9:50 p.m. (January 13 – May 15)
Digital Electronics and Microprocessors
- Knowledge of and experience with the operation, characteristics and applications of digital circuits, microprocessors, and microcomputers
- Additional skills needed include knowledge of numbering systems, codes, logic gates, Boolean algebra, logic circuits, flip-flops, counters and timers, interfacing with the analog world, and memory devices
- Class meets Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:00 - 11:50 a.m. (January 13 – March 6)
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
- Copies of certifications and/or transcripts, if applicable
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.