We seek applicants for a full-time position to provide mental health counseling to students who face personal barriers impeding their academic success. Will provide prevention, intervention, and clinical support services for the College, making referrals to external resources as appropriate. A significant focus of this position is providing services to students who are experiencing anxiety, depression, suicide risk, substance abuse, eating disorders, and/or other significant concerns.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide culturally sensitive individual and group counseling over a broad range of difficulties and diagnoses
- Provide crisis intervention assistance and conduct risk and substance abuse assessments
- Coordinate student transitions between HCC counseling services and external providers
- Assist with administrative duties
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field
- Current licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing mental health counseling
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with traditional college-age individuals
- Experience with crisis intervention, including suicide risk and substance abuse assessment
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Current licensure as a Psychologist, Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Experience providing case management in a college setting within a short-term model
- Excellent interpersonal communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage the professional demands of a challenging workload
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 1/10/2020, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.