Esports Coach, League of Legends
We seek applicants for a part-time position to oversee the College’s new esports program and lead the League of Legends team with an emphasis on developing successful student athletes.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Schedule, organize, and oversee League of Legends events and practices
- Actively recruit student athletes
- Monitor student athletes’ satisfactory progress toward academic goals
- Remain current on National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE) rules and regulations
- Assist with budget management and fundraising
- Associate’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of League of Legends competitive play
- Demonstrated ability to coach teams of students
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with ability to recruit student athletes
- Ability to work effectively with students, staff, and public, and represent the College in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of local esports community, specifically high school programs
- Collegiate or professional playing experience
- Experience in higher education generally, and at community colleges specifically
- Experience in the following areas
- events scheduling
- recruitment and transfer process for student athletes
- budget development and oversight
Review of applications will be ongoing until position is filled. For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.