We seek applicants for a temporary, part-time position to support the learning laboratories for the College’s Technology department, which includes programs such as Electronics, Manufacturing Technology, Construction, Facilities Maintenance, and Welding.
Responsibilities include lab set-up, safety, organizational, maintenance, and troubleshooting activities. Schedule is anticipated to include approximately 16 hours per week.
- Related work experience
- Ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds as necessary to perform functions of the position
- General understanding of various industrial technologies such as CNC, machine tools, electronics, and welding
- Knowledge of OSHA and ANSI safety standards
- Ability to work with a wide range of tools, equipment, instruments, and computer hardware and software
- Valid driver’s license in order to drive between College facilities and transport equipment
Review of applications will be ongoing. For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.