Director of Marketing and Public Information
About the Position
We seek applicants for a full-time position to direct and manage long-term strategic marketing and communications in support of the College’s brand, vision, and priorities.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Develop and advance College-wide marketing strategies and campaigns
- Oversee external and internal communications through marketing initiatives, government and media relations, HCC’s website, licensing and merchandising, and social media
- Provide leadership related to graphic design, photography, video production, editing, and project management
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations, and/or creative design services with at least three years in a supervisory capacity
- Experience as a leader engaged in strategic decision making and resource allocation
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and ethics of strategic marketing, public information, and media relations
- Ability to effectively support and engage a wide range of internal and external constituents, including executive leadership
- Experience managing multiple projects with broad range impact
- Familiarity and/or experience with a community college or higher education setting
- Master’s degree
- Expertise in developing and maintaining branding initiatives
- Ability to oversee marketing-related analytics and make appropriate data-informed decisions
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 1/20/2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.