We seek applicants for temporary, part-time Peer and Master Tutors to assist students through the College’s Academic Support Center in one-on-one and small group settings. In addition to helping students become independent and successful learners, Tutors complete and maintain related records as directed. Learn more about Tutoring Services.
Flexible scheduling generally includes 3 or more hours per week.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis for all subject areas, but areas of current need include:
- Computer Science
- Digital Media
- Introduction to Networks
- Introduction to Statistics
- Calculus for Business & Social Science
- Calculus I
Peer Tutor Requirements
- Minimum of 15 semester hours earned toward graduation
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Successful completion (A or B grade) in a course that equals or exceeds the difficulty of the course tutored
Master Tutor Requirements
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Successful experience in teaching or tutoring and strong interpersonal skills desired
For full consideration please submit application materials by July 17, 2018. Tutoring Services will directly contact selected applicants by July 20, 2018 to attend a group interview session.
Please submit the following.
- Tutoring Services Application Packet, including Tutor Course Selection Form and Tutoring Services Availability Form
- Letter of application
- Transcript copies if bachelor's degree or higher is held
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.