Coordinator of Disability Support Services
About the Position
We seek applicants for a full-time position to coordinate daily operations of Disability Support Services (DSS) and the Heartland Academy for Learning Opportunities (HALO) program, which provides higher education opportunities to students with intellectual disabilities.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Meet with students during the intake process, review documentation of disabilities, and recommend and implement reasonable accommodations
- Ensure compliance with pertinent civil rights legislation concerning individuals with disabilities
- Provide training and awareness activities for the campus community and promote the inclusion and retention of students with disabilities
- Collect and report data on program effectiveness
- Oversee DSS and HALO staff
- Bachelor’s degree in special education, vocational rehabilitation, psychology, or related field
- Direct work experience with individuals with various types of disabilities
- Ability to interpret psychological assessments
- Knowledge of and experience working with ADA, Section 504, and related regulations
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with students with disabilities at the college level
- Knowledge of and experience in student development theory and other student personnel areas
- Knowledge of and experience with assistive technology
- Supervisory experience
Review of applications will begin May 1, 2017 and continue until position is filled. For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 5/1/2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.